Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Sweet and Sour Chicken aka Sticky Chicken


This is a quick easy recipe that I am trying today. It is similar to one I have for sticky chicken. It should be good and I'm hoping the kids like it. Will let you know!

~ 2 Tbsp. Ketchup
~ 1 cup Water
~ 1/2 cup white vinegar
~ 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
~ 1 cup Brown sugar, packed
~ 1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs cut bite sized.
~ 2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
~ 2 Tbsp. water

Combine first 5 ingredients in slow cooker. Stir.
Add chicken. Stir. Cover. Cook on Low for 6 - 8 hours or on High for 3 - 4 hours.

Combine cornstarch and second amount of water in small bowl. Stir into
slow cooker. Cook on High, stirring often for 15 to 20 minutes until thickened.

~ Contributed by Linda

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Ok, so they can't all be winners! I found this bland. It needed something tangy, maybe needed some onion and/or other vegetables. My girls forced down a few bites but no one really ate much of it. I added some pineapple to it and that made it a bit better.

Back to the drawing board!