Thursday, August 28, 2008

Sticky Chicken - The Original


Well, summer is almost over and we are getting back to our normal routine. How come summer goes by so fast? **sigh** I would like it to be longer. I hope everyone had a great summer!

Tonight I am making sticky chicken. My mom used to make this when I was a kid and I loved it. Now my girls love it too. What's not to love, honey and sugar...can't go wrong. Not the healthiest version but they eat it. Score!

~ chicken breasts, thighs, wings, whatever you like to use (I used breasts)
~ 1 c. honey (or 1/2 br. sugar, 1/2 honey)
~ 1/4 c. soy sauce
~ 2 Tbsp. Ketchup
~ 1 clove of mashed garlic

Layer chicken in a 9x13 pan, single layer. Mix rest of ingredients and pour sauce over chicken. Bake at 325F for 2 hours. Turn chicken 2-3 times and baste while cooking.

Enjoy, it's yummy!

No comments: