Saturday, September 27, 2008

Lunch today - Tuna Cakes


I made these for lunch today, improvising because I had no eggs. Yes, they were a bit flaky but all three of my girls ATE THEM! I was thrilled. Even more thrilled than normal because I just kind of threw ingredients in and hoped for the best. I am a 'must have a recipe in front of me' kind of girl so I impressed myself with these tasty cakes. Although anything with 'cake' in the title, can't be all bad.

Basically, they were warmed tuna salad. Here are the details as best I can remember from an hour ago. : )

~ 2 cans tuna, drained
~ 3-4 Tbsp. mayo
~ 1 Tbsp. mustard
~ 1 1/2 Tbsp. relish
~ 1 chopped green onion
~ handful of crumbed feta cheese (got the idea from this recipe)
~ 6 soda crackers crumbled fine
~ few drops of hot sauce
~ pepper
(an egg is probably recommended but I muddled by without one)

I think that was all.

Mix altogether. Form into patties. Melt some butter or use olive oil to coat your pan. Cook patties in pan over medium high heat. Flip over, once they are browned on one side (2 or 3 minutes per side).

We had them with these and it was a yummy fall lunch! Would make a good supper too. : )

Enjoy!

~ Photo from Kraftfoods.com

No comments: