Saturday, November 22, 2008

Mushroom Hor d'oeurves

Tis the season for entertaining, cocktail parties and cozy evenings with loved ones. I love this time of year. This is a recipe that my mom used to make when I was younger. She always made yummy appies on Christmas eve and we would eat and play games. Such special memories! This is one of my faves and it's easy yet looks so sophisticated. : )

Here's the how-to:

~ 1 1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms, chopped fine
~ 1/2 c. green onion
~ 1/4 c. butter
~ 2 Tbsp. flour
~ 1 cup sour cream
~ 1/4 c. milk
~ 1/2 tsp each of salt, pepper, paprika and tabasco

Saute the mushrooms and onion in the butter in a pan. Sprinkle flour on mushrooms and blend in. Brown lightly.
Stir in 1/2 c. of sour cream and the milk. Cook/stir on low heat for about 2 minutes. Stir in rest of sour cream and all spices. Cook another 2 minutes.
Serve hot in hors d'oeurve cups on a pretty plate. : )

Yes, I splurged a bit this season and bought myself a platter and a set of plates. Ohhhhh how I love them!!

Pretty, aren't they? I got them here.

Bon appetit!

No comments: