Friday, December 12, 2008

Gourmet Gingersnaps



This is a recipe my cousin gave me when I got married 10 years ago. These cookies are so delicious. And my kids have fun rolling them in sugar! I always make them for a girlfriend of mine, they are her favourites! We are having them with afternoon tea today (or juice in the kids case) when my kids get home from preschool.


Enjoy!



~ 3/4 cup butter
~ 1 cup brown sugar
~ 1/4 cup molasses
~ 1 egg
~ 2 cups flour
~ 2 tsp. baking soda
~ 1 tsp. cinnamon
~ 1/2 tsp. each ginger and cloves

~ granulated sugar


Mix butter, brown sugar, molasses and egg just until combined. In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, spices). Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in an electric mixer. Do not overmix.

Form into small balls. Roll in granulated sugar.


Bake on a greased sheet at 350F for 7 - 10 minutes (mine took 10).



Note: cookies spread out so don't push down (keep in balls). Bottoms burn easily so watch carefully.


TIP: When cool, keep cookies in an airtight container because they will moisten and remain chewy!



~ From the kitchen of my cousin, Jennifer G.

No comments: