Tuesday, July 12, 2011

the path to fun is not a straight line


Sometimes the path to a fun day takes lots of twists and turns. Not all fun ones either.

So today we were going to go to a local amusement park, myself, my mom and my 3 girls. The forecast was calling for rain on and off all day. We decided we better change our plans to something indoors.

Perfect day for bowling!

We found the nearest place and decided to get there right when it opened, just after lunchtime. It won't be busy yet, right!?

On our way to pick up my Mom, I get a flat tire. I have never experienced a flat before. Luckily we were ok and it went totally flat right when we got to my parents house. I didn't know that if my vehicle starts to veer to one side that I should be pulling over because that indicates a flat. Ok. Noted.

Luckily my Dad was home and he changed it for me. Yay, thanks Dad! We are back on track.

So by now, we are a bit behind schedule. No problem, off to the bowling alley at the mall!

We get there and end up in line behind a giant tour bus full of teenagers. The bowling lanes are full for the next 4 hours.

Ok, Plan B. Or is it Plan C by now (amusement park off, flat tire fixed, bowling off).

We are in a mall where there are theaters. Off to the theaters we go to see if there is anything playing that is appropriate for 2 adults, two 7 year olds and a 5 year old.

Kung Fu Panda 2 in 3D starting in 45 minutes. Perfect! Got our tickets, got our food, got our cool 3D glasses.
We made it! We took the loooonnnnng way here, but we ended up having lots of fun.

By the way, if you haven't seen Kung Fu Panda 2, it's good. Especially in 3D! I ♥ Jack Black.

Oh and the forecast for today? Wrong. It ended up being sunny most of the day. Plan A (amusement park, in case you are now lost) would have worked.

Whew, I'm exhausted. What should we do tomorrow?


~ Poster from MovieposterDB.com

No comments: