Tuesday, August 16, 2011

out of the zone

I don't want to dwell on the fact that I'm a bit stressed right now,
*lots* going on.
But it has got me thinking about doing things that are out of my comfort zone.
Doing things that scare me.


I would say that I play on the safe side of life most times.
I like to stay within the confines of my comfort zone.
As I get older I am less afraid of some things
and more afraid of other things.

I am less afraid of what people think of me.
I just don't care as much.
I mean, I DO care, just not as much.
And I like the way that feels.

I am more afraid of taking chances and doing things that are potentially dangerous.
I have children that I want to see grow up.
And I use the term *dangerous* quite loosely.
Like flying in an airplane.
Every time I go away without my kids I get a little more freaky.
Stuff like that.


I really don't want to wake up when I'm 80 and regret not doing things when I was younger.
Fear is a crappy thing.
It really does paralyze me sometimes.

I am planning something right now that is
*for sure*
out of my comfort zone.
To most people it would be no big deal.
People do it every day.
But for me it is a bit of a big deal.
Once it's all finalized, I will share.
You'll probably laugh that I am nervous about it at all.

So from now until then, I probably won't sleep.
I'm scared but I'm excited too.
And I'll try to keep in mind that...

"Comfort zones are most often expanded through discomfort." - Peter McWilliams




What have you done that was out of your comfort zone?
Do you force yourself to 'do something once a day that scares you'?

5 comments:

Sierra said...

Hi Sheri, thanks so much for coming by my blog! :) I'm a new follower as well.

I hope that your life gets a little less stressful for ya! I think taking a leap of faith and facing your fears is always challenging, but once you start doing it and facing fear it becomes a little bit easier each time!

About a year ago I faced one of my biggest fears by quitting my job and start writing! Thought it's hard sometimes I'm so happy that I did it!

Hope your week is going well! :)

Unknown said...

Hi Sheri

well said, all of it!
Gee - comfort zones - we all have them.
Ok I need to know what is the big thing lovely - I won't laugh - well unless if you want me to laugh.

have a great day lovely lady

x
Loulou

Sheri said...

Thanks ladies! xo

Kate at Dream To Life said...

Great photos!

Kiri said...

Hi Sheri! Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my post. I am so glad you did, because I got to read your post! I love the saying, "do one thing a day that scares you". That's great that you are stepping outside of your comfort zone. I hope it goes just as you hope! I will definitely be sending "good vibes" you way! ;)