Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Bedroom makeover

How-do sweet 'ums!
I hope everyone is having a great week.
I am feeling the need for a bedroom makeover.
Ours is ok but not really decorated.
We have been in our current home for 6 years
and every other room seems to take precendent over 
the master bedroom.

I'm a bit bored of it.

In our last home, we painted our master bedroom a deep
wine colour, burgundy.
I was worried it would be too dark but
it turned out so wonderfully welcoming and cozy.
Especially at night with just the right light.
I loved it!

But you know me and colour.
*love love*

I really love the magazine Elle Decor.
They have featured some beautiful celebrity homes.
Shall we give them a look-see?


Sarah Jessica Parker
Funny, even though I love colour, I really like SJP's bedroom.
 I love white with touches of colour.  It might be too white
for my hubby's taste though.


Donatella Versace
Not what I would have pictured in Donatella Versace's room but it's
kinda cool.


Meg Ryan
Meg Ryan's bedroom is my fave!  Again, I love the white
and my favourite colour is purple so this is my ideal bedroom!


Cindy Crawford
Nice but a little too bland and old-ish for my taste.
Not old-ish. 
I can't find the right word...


Brian Atwood
I actually really like this bedroom.  It was decorated by Brian Atwood and Nate Berkus
*love Nate!*
It's modern and a bit masculine but I really love the colour palette, it is very soothing to me.


Roberto Cavalli
Wild!  Would we expect anything less from this amazing designer!?
Can't say I see myself laying my head in that room every night
and being able to relax in it.


Courtney Cox-Arquette
 I love this room, it's very soothing.


Will and Jada-Pinkett Smith
This bedroom is stunning!







Willow Smith
Now, THIS is my kind of bedroom!  It's actually Will and Jada's daughter's room.
haha...shows my girly taste I guess.




Jennifer Aniston
Does Jennifer Aniston have great taste or what?!
I love this bed and the carpeting is perfect.
I need lux carpeting, hardwood makes me feel cold.


So which one was your fave?
Maybe someday I'll get around to doing our room.
Right now it has tan walls 
*which I am so TIRED of!*
And we have a fluffy white duvet which I really love.
Our bed is king-sized and very high off the ground.
All carpeting.
It needs help.
: )


Enjoy your day, sweet peas!
xo


*all photos via elledecor.com
with the exception of Jennifer Aniston's and The Smith's
which were from architectural digest.*

5 comments:

signature mix said...

I love Elle Decor too! Willow Smith's room is just adorable. I could use a bedroom makeover too.

A Very Sweet Blog said...

These are some sweet designs!!! I like the "old-ish" one. LOL I'm conservative though. Have fun and I can't wait to hear what you decided to do. It's gonna be nice. :D
http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

Katherine said...

Beautiful bedrooms - I always love Elle Decor. Donatella's bedroom is more understated than I thought it'd be :)

Bravoe Runway said...

I'd definitely pick Jennifer Aniston's room, that's beautiful although my current bedroom set is very masculine looking. Similar to Brian Atwood's room sans the colourful walls. My taste in furniture is quite masculine...wonder what that says about my personality ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Sheri,

I find your blog post really interesting. I like your sense of taste in interior design. I'd like to contact you further - please e-mail me at taylor.w@arcadianhome.com

Best Regards,

Taylor Wilson